Thank you to all members who voted. We are welcoming one new board member and other members have transitioned to new roles. The 2024 build board looks forward to the coming year, our first full year as a 501(c)3 non-profit! MBMAG qualified to transition from our 501(c)4 non-profit status, retroactive to May 10, 2023.
The new Connections exhibit + sale
opens Nov 24, 2023
@ ZFolio Gallery in Monterey, California
Meet the artists’ at the opening reception Sun Dec 3, 2023 @ 4 pm
The exhibit + sale runs through Jan 7, 2024
The exhibit + sale and artists’ opening are free to all, and all are welcome
Check back here to preview some of the 61 pieces from 22 artists!
ZFolio Gallery Monterey is located in the high foot traffic shopping area of Cannery Row steps away from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Steps away from Monterey Bay, this is one of the guilds favorite places to share our members art.
NEXT STEPS FOR PARTICIPATING ARTISTS
- Log in to your mbmag.org account
- SCROLL DOWN to the Artwork Submission Form
- Artwork details are due when you fill out the submission form; and must be submitted no later than Nov 1, 2023
- Print 2 copies of the inventory of your submitted art (the Inventory forms are created automatically for you by the online form and were automatically emailed to you upon form submission.)
- Create a printed Artist Statement and Artist Biography for the Artists Book displayed at the gallery. These pages help sell your art. The gallery staff uses the exhibit Artists Book to help inform potential customers about each piece and the associated artist. We are always impressed by how much the gallery team knows about each piece and each artist. The gallery team learns much of this from the Artists Book. Please help the team sell your artwork by providing the Artist Statement and Artist Biography. Scroll down to click the artist statement and bio link below for how to prepare or update these pages.
- Deliver your printed Statement/Biography sheet(s) when you deliver art to the show organizers or gallerist. See below for helpful links.
KEY DATES & ACTIONS DUE
Nov 24, 2023 (Fri)
Exhibition + Sale is OPEN daily 11 am – 5 pm every day but 12/25. All are welcome. Free to view!
Dec 3, 2023 (Sun)
Artists Opening Reception
Jan 7, 2024 (Sun)
Jan 8, 2024 (Mon)
Monterey area artists pick up any unsold artwork in-person at ZFolio Gallery
Jan 14, 2024 (Sun)
Any unsold artwork returned to artists at The Farm Bakery Cafe, Aptos, CA
SUBMIT ARTWORK DETAILS & INFORMATION FOR THE GALLERY
Artist Bio and and Artist Statement. Help the gallery team help you sell your art to potential customers by providing the gallery with an Artist Bio and and Artist Statement. We strongly encourage you to create an artist biography and an artist statement and print them (2 pages maximum). Deliver the printed page(s) with your artwork when you deliver it to the gallery.
If this is your first time exhibiting and you have questions after reading this web page and the online form, send us an email and we will answer your questions.
The following content is accessible for members only, please sign in. Not a member? Join Now!
15 months for the price of 12!
Join or renew anytime after Oct 1st through Dec 31st and your membership extends all the way through to the end of the following year!
Immediately after joining or renewing, you are welcome to sign up for any of the upcoming workshops or exhibits sponsored by the guild.
View our current member benefits, and watch your email for announcements of more member benefits. Join the email list by entering your name and email list at the bottom of the web page.
Former guild members can take advantage of this 15 months for the price of 12 discount by using the email address associated with your past guild membership.
Join Our Current and Historical Record of Member Artists
In ~ 2003, MBMAG asked each member to create and donate a small piece of artwork that would reflect their skills and aesthetic. The pieces have a means to connect it on both ends and once linked together would become one chain of unique works.
In 2015, the guild began a new “Links Project” which demonstrated each of our member’s style and personality.
In 2023, the guild is expanding into a new case with the two new links donated by Roxanne Beebe and Susan Shallenberger (shown below)
Contribute a Link
We invite all members to make a link that meets the following parameters
- The individual piece should range be a minimum size of 1 x 1 x 1″ HLD*
- The individual piece must not exceed to 1.5 x 2 x 1″ HLD*
- The piece must be link-able on both ends
- The piece must reflect your unique style
*HLD = Height x Length x Depth where Length is the measurement between the link-able end rings
Contact us if you’d like to donate a link or have more questions.