Around and Round
@ Pajaro Valley Arts, Watsonville, CA
exhibit + sale opens May 29, 2024
exhibit + sale closes July 17, 2024
Entry Fee: $35
Sign Up Now and enter your artwork details LATER!
Final day to register to be in the show is Feb 29, 2024
Final day to submit artwork details is April 29, 2024
We encourage artists to create up to 3 new metal art pieces
(sculpture, jewelry, or a mix of both )
The theme Around and Round may be interpreted as you wish.
Up to 3 pieces of metal art can be submitted for the exhibit + sale
Prices must include gallery commission
All new and currrent members are encouraged to submit metal art ranging from sculpture to objects to jewelry.
At the artists’ at the opening reception Sun June 2, 2024 2-4 pm
light refreshments will be served and exhibiting artists can sell jewelry they are wearing in “Sell What You Wear”.
A third sales opportunity is the PVA Gift Shop where you can sell up to 5 pieces. If any of those pieces sell, PVA will contact you and ask if you’d like to replace the sold piece with another piece to sell.
The show is NOT juried
You may register now and wait to enter your details
Photos are not required
The entry fee is non-refundable and is used to help cover the guild’s costs and provide events for our members
MBMAG uses the secure Stripe Payment gateway for processing payments.
All communications between you and mbmag.org are secured via SSL.
Artist and artwork details plus photos (optional) are submitted via the online form.
Artwork must be complete before beginning the artwork details submission process.
CLICK EACH OF THE TOPICS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
We are excited to announce that Pajaro Valley Arts will be hosting the exhibition both in person and virtually. Visit the PVArts.org Virtual Tours page to see an example of a virtual show
As part of the exhibition, the Pajaro Valley Arts gallery will also sell member’s art in their gift shop area. In our previous gallery exhibit and sale, many members had successful gallery gift shop sales. Exhibiting artists are welcome to provide up to 5 pieces priced at less than $200 for the PVA Gift Shop area.
What’s the difference?? Art submitted for the EXHIBIT area must be one-of-a-kind and may be any price. Art submitted for the GIFT SHOP area must be priced at less than $200 and may be a design of which you create multiples for sale.
Exhibiting artists are also invited to participate in the “Sell What You Wear” experience at the “Around and Round” opening reception. Details will be sent out via email closer to the reception date along with a link to fill out a form for you to “Sell What You Wear”.
The Registration Confirmation email you receive will contain a link to this page. At the bottom of this page is the online artwork submission form.
Pajaro Valley Arts, in collaboration with MBMAG exhibit team members, will create printed and virtual postcards which will be provided at no extra cost to participating artists.
- The Around and Round Exhibit + Sale accepts new and established guild members. You may JOIN or Renew NOW to enter artwork. Everyone is welcome regardless of residence location
- All submissions must be original in design and demonstrate a professional level of skill.
- Maximum of 3 pieces may be entered for the gallery exhibit + sale
- All artwork in the gallery exhibit must NOT have been exhibited at any previous PVA shows
- Up to 5 pieces may be entered for the Gift Shop Area of the PVA gallery
- All art must be priced with the gallery commission included
- Sculpture is accepted and we love that PVA is a place to exhibit sculptures
- Your submission will be considered complete when the appropriate entry fee has been paid via the above registration link, and all required artwork submission details are complete via the online form below by midnight on Monday April 29, 2024.
- Entry submission implies agreement to the PVA Loan Agreement terms
Photos are NOT required, but all artists are encouraged to submit photos so we may advertise your pieces
- Photo files must be submitted by Feb 29, 2024 to have the artwork to be considered for the postcard design.
- All submitted photos must adhere to the Exhibition Photo Guidelines. Click here for a guide to Common Metal Art Photo Issues with Potential solutions.
- All photo files must be named with your last name and the item # of the submission prior to upload.
Volunteers and needed and very much appreciated
- Please let Toni Danzig know if you are interested in helping.
- Each artist will be asked to choose a volunteer activity when submitting artwork. Click the bar below to read the details and timing for each volunteer activity.
Volunteers and needed and very much appreciated for the following activities:
- Exhibit installation: Help organize and place artwork in the gallery the weekend of May 11th
- Gift Shop Organization: Organize and install artwork in the gallery’s gift shop area on the weekend of May 11th
- Photography Assistance: Help other artists take photographs of their artwork (via advice or in-person). Your contact information will be passed on to artists who request this type of help.
- Form Assistance: Help other artists fill out the exhibit entry forms (via advice). Your contact information will be passed on to artists who request this type of help.
- Case and Vitrine Moving TO Gallery: On May 11, 2024, 6 volunteers and 3 vans or trucks are needed to move the cases and vitrines from Santa Cruz to Watsonville and assemble them in the gallery
- Make-a-Bracelet: On June 15, 2024, the guild needs at least 6 volunteers from 11-4pm to assist with our free-to-the-public Make-a-Bracelet event. We assist people at each step to create a cuff bracelet. We need assistance from 11-noon to setup, and 3-4pm to clean up.
- Return Exhibit Artwork to Artists: On July 14, 2024 from 4-7pm, organize and assist return of pieces to artists from the exhibit (4 volunteers are needed)
- Return Gift Shop Artwork to Artists: On July 14, 2024 from 4-7pm, organize and assist return of gift shop pieces to the artists (2 volunteers are needed)
- Case and Vitrine Moving FROM Gallery: On July 15, 2024, 6 volunteers and 3 vans or trucks are needed to disassemble and move the cases and vitrines from the gallery in Watsonville to Santa Cruz
- Public Relations: Write a public relations release for the guild and send it to news outlets
- Post Card Distribution: Visit local organizations and hotels in the Monterey, Watsonville, and Santa Cruz area to provide packs of postcards to promote the exhibit
- Social Media: Create and post photos and videos to social media to promote the exhibit
- Log in to your mbmag.org account
- Click on the link in the Registration Confirmation email you received
- SCROLL DOWN to the Artwork Submission Form
- Artwork details (including dimensions of each piece) are due when you fill out the submission form below; and must be submitted no later than April 29, 2024
- We’ve created a generic tutorial video for the submission forms. This tutorial does NOT show the Around and Round exhibit form and is meant to be a general guide.
- The Labels and Records, aka Inventory, forms are created automatically for you by the online form and automatically emailed to you upon form submission with a filled in copy of the PVA Loan Agreement. Follow the instructions in the PDF.
- Create a printed Artist Statement and Artist Biography for the Artists Book displayed at the gallery. These pages help sell your art. The gallery staff uses the exhibit Artists Book to help inform potential customers about each piece and the associated artist. Please help the gallery team sell your artwork by providing the Artist Statement and Artist Biography.
- Deliver your printed Statement/Biography sheet(s) with your art to the show organizers. See below for helpful links on creating a Statement and/or Bio.
NOW – Feb 29, 2024
Register to participate in Around and Round
April 29, 2024 (Mon)
All artwork details are DUE by midnight. Photos are NOT required.
May 4, 2024 (Sat)
1 – 3 pm
Monterey Area Artists Artwork drop off at Paris Bakery, Monterey, CA
May 5, 2024 (Sun)
1 – 3 pm
Artwork drop off at The Farm Bakery Cafe, Aptos, CA
May 29, 2024 (Wed)
June 2, 2024 (Sun)
2 – 4 pm
Artists Opening Reception with “Sell What You Wear” opportunity for exhibiting artists
June 15, 2024 (Sat)
12 – 3 pm
Free to the public Make-a-Bracelet event with free snacks. Join us in the patio garden area behind the gallery and create a cuff bracelet with the assistance of guild members.
July 17, 2024 (Sun)
Exhibition Closes at 4 pm
July 17, 2024 (Sun)
5 – 7 pm
All artists pick up any unsold artwork in-person at the PVA Gallery
Online submission with up to THREE pieces of work that have not been previously exhibited at PVA. Submit artist and artwork details. Images are NOT required to exhibit artwork. We encourage artists to upload high-quality images as part of the submission process. The higher the quality of the photo, the higher the likelihood it will be used for the postcards and social media advertising. See PHOTOS above for tips and guidelines.
Dimensions, materials used, type of artwork, artist contact information and optional narrative statements are all provided using the online form.
Providing an Artist Bio and and Artist Statement helps the gallery team help you sell your art to potential customers. We strongly encourage you to create an artist biography and an artist statement and print them (2 pages maximum). Deliver the printed page(s) with your artwork to the exhibit coordinators.
If this is your first time exhibiting and you have questions after reading this web page and the online form, send us an email and we will answer your questions.
ARTWORK SUBMISSION FORM
Before starting the submission form, verify that you are logged in to your account on the website. For the best results, log OUT and then LOGIN again BEFORE beginning the form. If you have been logged into the website for 48 hours, the website may automatically and without warning log you out. The website will continue to allow you to enter data, but none will be saved. To resolve this and other issues with form submissions, READ THIS GUIDE.