MBMAG presents: THE LINKS CHALLENGE
Quite a few years ago the MBMAG asked each of the members to create a small piece of work that would reflect their style. This piece would have a means to connect it on both ends and once linked together would become one chain of unique works.
A photograph of a portion of the Original Links Project is above.
We would like to start a new “Links Project” which would demonstrate each of our member’s style and personality. This new chain would be exhibited, along with the original chain at our exhibits or events.
The individual pieces should range from 1″ x 1″ to 1-1/2″ x 2″.
The key is that it should be linkable and reflect the individual’s style.
- MBMAG members who wish to accept the challenge will need to purchase a kit for $25. One kit per member.
- There will be 9 items in the kit ie: Sterling Silver Sheet, Copper Wire, Silver tubing, etc.
- Kits will be given out at the Summer MBMAG Gathering, August 16,2015.
- Members not able to attend the Summer Gathering can purchase a kit with an added $5. Fee for shipping. Orders made after the gathering will be subject to kits on hand.
- Each entry must include at least 5 of the 9 materials included in the kit, to be eligible for the prize money.
- You will be allowed one wildcard item, such as a cabachon stone, Enamel,Resin, glass, pencil, found object, etc.
- You may use any fabrication technique, for example: fusing, soldering,roller mill, etching, fold forming, rivets, etc…
- The Link must be completed for the Winter MBMAG party where members will vote for Best Link! We will be also asking you to photograph your link and have a paragraph written about your link.
- The voting will be done without names of the Artist.
- Prize Money: 1st Place $250. 2nd Place $100. 3rd Place $50.
- All links will become part of the MBMAG Chain and property of MBMAG. The MBMAG Links Chain will be displayed at various MBMAG events.
- Deadline date to order kit: August 5th, 2015.
Participation is limited to current MBMAG members. Anyone is welcome to become a member and participate. Join here. Once you’ve joined, you’ll have access to the Member Area, where you can purchase your Link Kit.